top of page
Community Resource Page
Hujman Solutions Logo.png

Human Solutions has a Homeless Services Program which provides three elements that are critical to homeless families: emergency shelter, housing assistance, and family advocacy.  For program eligibility, getting on wait lists, and other information on homeless services, call 211 or log on to  Please note that 211 is the main way to access services in Multnomah County. You can also contact their offices in Portland at 503.548.0200 or in Rockwood at 503.405.7875.

JOIN ( is a homelessness prevention agency that provides case management and a Day Center that can be accessed until 3 pm every day.  The Center provides showers, clothing, food, mailboxes, and a safe place to be until the night shelters open.  The offices are one block west of NE 82nd near the Max stop (503.232.2031).

My Father's House ( is a private, faith-based shelter at 5008 W. Powell Boulevard.  The shelter provides case management, employment counseling, parenting classes, and other supports in a hotel-like building with separate apartments for each family.  Transitional housing is available on-site after families successfully graduate from the shelter. Interested families should leave a message on the intake line (503.492.3046) every few days until they receive a return call to schedule a screening appointment.

The Salvation Army Family Services    (Zip Codes Served: 97004, 97009, 97010, 97011, 97013, 97015, 97022, 97023, 97024, 97027, 97030, 97042, 97055, 97060, 97236, 97080, 97230, 97233)

  • Emergency Food Supply (3-4 days supply): Monday - Thursday  9:00 am - 12:00 pm  Please bring a piece of mail dated within the last 30 days  

  • Free Food Market | Fresh Produce and Pantry Staples: First Wednesday of each month from 9:00 am - 11:00 am for the General Public 


SnowCap's Food Pantry is OPEN and Ready to Serve! Distributing pre-packed boxes and as much fresh/frozen food as possible.  Food is being given outside of our front doors. Please dress according to the weather. If you are housed, please bring in a bill that comes to your address that is dated/postmarked within the last 30 days (POA); if you don't have it physically but can show a digital copy, that is great!

Rockwood Community Health Center:  Multnomah County services include primary care, dental, lab, and pharmacy.

Wallace Medical Concern - Rockwood:  Offering medical, dental, behavioral health, lab services, pharmacy, insurance enrollment assistance, and more under one roof. 

Metro Fam Ser   logo.png
Irco logo.jpg

Human Solutions and Impact Northwest have funds for utility help.  A family must call the Energy Line at Human Solutions (503.405.7877) to be eligible for help.  The funds are available once per month and run out within 24 hours.

Metropolitan Family Service (MFS)    Metropolitan Family Service helps people move beyond the limitations of poverty, inequity, and social isolation. MFS delivers proven programs to help people succeed at home, in school, and in the community.  We are here to support parents and students.  We are here to help our older neighbors.  We are here to connect working families with vital resources. We are here to energize volunteers and inspire future generations.

Latino Network: We are a Latino-led education organization, grounded in culturally-specific practices and services, that lift up youth and families to reach their full potential. Our work springs from the core belief in Latino community self-determination—that is, the ability of community members to participate meaningfully in the decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their families.

Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization (IRCO): The Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO) serves the holistic needs of Oregon's immigrants, refugees, and mainstream community members. As a community-based organization, we empower children, youth, families, and elders from around the world to build new lives and become self-sufficient by providing more than 200 culturally and linguistically specific social services.

211 maintains the Multnomah County shelter waiting list (except My Father's House).  A family must continually call the 211 line to learn their status on the list.  The organization will assume a family is no longer interested in shelter assistance if there is no contact from the family for a few days.

bottom of page