Rockwood Preparatory Academy (RPA) is a dynamic community public school that educates all students to be confident learners and exemplary community members by ensuring that they achieve academic, social and economic success.
Rockwood Preparatory Academy enables students to realize their greatest potential, access opportunities for competitive colleges and careers, and become tomorrow’s leaders.
• Children Come First: With every decision we must ask the question, is this best for kids? We strive to put our kids at the middle of all of our conversations and decisions.
• Respect for All: RPA is a place where teachers can openly and honestly share their feedback. The reality of this work is that our teachers have difficult jobs. Teachers should feel safe to communicate about their feelings and challenges in an effort to find the best way to serve our students.
• Greater Teacher Ownership: We create this ownership by empowering teachers to take responsibility for different key areas of the school. We have to be willing to trust and empower our teachers. We want our staff to identify as owners, not renters.
• Meet All Children Where They Are: At RPA, we place students at their instructional ability level for core subjects, creating a path to close the achievement gap by using frequent data to drive instruction and reward students for their successes along the way. Students’ self-esteem and love for school grows because they experience success. RPA creates an environment where all students succeed, every day.
• All Children Are Loved: We love and respect all children. Rewards and successes are displayed publicly, reprimands and corrections are handled privately. At RPA, behavior monitoring systems are individual and private. Rewards and recognition are displayed publicly.